- Wordpress 2.1.2: This new version brings new meaning to “security update”. Apparently the integrity of the 2.1.1 download was compromised by a server cracker, leaving hundreds of blogs vulnerable. Immediate upgrading is advised.
- Folding@Home: Stanford lets you lease them the power of your idle processor to them to search proteins that may one day cure various diseases. Your proteins processed are sent to the Stanford server where they rack up in the form of points. The combined power of hundreds of thousands of processors is more powerful than any supercomputer.
- Darwiin Remote: Wii remote + Intel-based Mac didn’t used to mean anything, but now it means “Darwiin”. This application hijacks the infrared sensor that normally would pick up a FrontRow remote and uses it to find a Wii controller, which can be configured for use. This is joystick-squared.
- Gamma Bros.: This is just about one of the best space shooters you’ll ever come across. Shoot your way through the darkness so that you can reach Earth in time for… dinner. But who cares about the storyline anyway?
- #python: Python is a very dynamic coding language, but just like any language, it can be confusing as heck. Stop by here for some help with your… Pythoning. Doing… the Python.
- Apple’s New Thing: Hey, don’t blame me for stumbling upon this one. Read in awe as six-year-old predictions unfold for the fate of Apple’s newest release, the iPod. Most were skeptical, but some saw the explosive potential for the device that now rules the music market.
- Ubuntu Wiki: You can contribute information about one of the most popular open source operating systems, Ubuntu linux. Watch out for FiestyFawn, becoming available in April.
04 Mar 2007